<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 15, 2006

Survivor/Sopranos Rant 

Well, last night was the Survivor Season finale. It was 3 hours long (7pm-10pm) We usually go to the Frankliner's house to watch all the Survivors. Since the finale was on a Sunday, it conflicted with a normal episode of the Sopranos. So, we stopped by the Frankliners and I ran in to ask Aaron if we'd watch the whole Survivor Finale or if they'd switch over to watch Sopranos at 8pm (right in the middle of the finale). Aaron said they were going to watch Sopranos so Adam, Lily and I had to drive home quick so we could watch Survivor at home. Why does this piss me off? Well, It's like our thing to watch survivior together. Also, that episode of Sopranos was on 10 more times after that episode airing (I checked the yahoo tv guide) So, what why not watch all of a show that will NEVER be shown again rather than some other show that will be on 10 TIMES? Because they just don't care that much. Nice friends.

Comments:
Just saw this and was a little taken aback...you do realize that of the 5 of us, Vanessa and George were at work, Eric was not going to be watching because he was fixing his computer and hadn't seen an episode all season, I was watching the series finale of West Wing and have never even seen a whole episode of Survivor, and Aaron was sleeping...right?

Just saying...don't take it personally, k? When I got home and you messaged me, I had no idea you had been planning on coming over, and neither, it seemed, did Eric or groggy Aaron.
 
I talked to Aaron about watching Surivivor finale back on Thursday. It just made me mad that you guys couldn't either wait til 11pm that night (other any of the other showings) to watch your Sopranos ep so it wouldn't have interrupted our PLANNED watching of the Survivor finale. Plus, you could have then watched Sopranos with Vanessa and/or George too.
 
See, I had no idea there was any "planned" watching of Survivor, or that the finale was even on that night, and considering when I got home at 6:30 Aaron was sleeping and Eric said he'd mentioned waking up at 8, it didn't sound like he was even planning on watching it. And as far as us being able to watch Sopranos later on, that would *not* have been a problem at all! I've missed the first airing a few times this season for various reasons, it doesn't matter to me. All you had to do was say something, but first I heard of the dramalama was well after you'd left.

I'm not trying to argue, I just feel you're taking this all personally for some reason, and getting mad at all of us for breaking tv-watching plans that only one of us even knew about. Knowwhatimean, Vern? :-P

But we should grill out again this weekend if it's nice...eat some food, play some "ball" toss, etc. If you forgive us ;-)
 
Post a Comment

[Top]