<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 22, 2006

12 minutes til Adam's birthday 

Well, here I am at home. Adam is out at Joe's with the rest of our friends celebrating his birthday. Lily is asleep on the bed. I'm super glad that Adam is out tonight though because most of our friends that are in town are ditching him and going to the Twin Cities for the weekend (a trip that was originally an idea for Adam's birthday but he said he didn't want to do that and they decided to just go ahead without him). I wish I could be out there celebrating with them but then again I'm sure we'll do something fun later this weekend. I actually just got home a little while ago because I was at my parents house working on a birthday surprise for Adam that I really hope he likes. Tomorrow Adam has the day off and we are going out to dinner with my parents to wherever Adam finally decides on...currently he is thinking of going to Grazies.
Lily's cute moments of the day: While flipping through one of her favorite books "My puppy playtime" she pointed out the objects and said them including 'puppy' and 'ball'. Later today, we were looking at clothes at a garage sale and she saw Elmo on a couple outfits and said 'Elmo' each time

Comments:
Just a point of clarification on us "ditching" Adam on his birthday to go to the Cities:

When the baseball schedule came out early this spring, George and I circled this weekend as a good chance to finally get up to Minneapolis to party, because the Twins and the Cubs are playing a weekend series. Later, after realizing it coincided with Adam's birthday, thought it would be fun to party up there for his birthday. Then, a few weeks ago when I was online to buy tickets to the game, I asked him if he had decided for sure if you guys were going to be coming with or not. He said no, because you guys needed to save money for your vacation up north in a couple weeks. So this wasn't a plan to go up for Adam's birthday that we then decided to keep even when Adam backed out...this was a trip to see the Twins/Cubs game and have fun in Minneapolis that we've had planned for a long time.

I'm sorry if you think we're "ditching" you guys again, but that's not the case. Adam and I have talked about it at work, and I'm pretty sure he understands the situation. Besides, we all went out and had a really fun time downtown last night for Adam's birthday. You should have come with.

(I'm not trying to be an ass, but come on Patty...we're ditching Adam? Give me a break. Besides, that's a pretty mean thing to say.)
 
To clarify my point of view: You approached me at Clark Place and told me that you and George had a fun idea of something to do for Adam's birthday and told me of this idea for going to the baseball game in Minneapolis, I said that was cool with me as long as that is what Adam wanted to do. So, when Adam decided he wasn't going to go I assumed nobody else would because it would be stupid to go to a birthday party when the birthday boy wasn't going. So, next Adam and I planned a birthday party for him on his parents pontoon boat but then was informed you guys were all going to the baseball game even though Adam wasn't...so that plan had to be abandoned. Then, we said we'd go to Stratford to spend his birthday with his family. Then, Adam's Mom & Sister decided they'd rather go to Country fest leaving Adam feel that not only do his friends not care that it's his golden birthday but his family didn't either. So, yeah, I do think Adam was ditched all over the place. Also, If the baseball idea was not a plan FOR Adam's birthday it should not have been presented to me in that way.
 
Post a Comment

[Top]