<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Screaming Crazy Lily 

The morning started off normal. Lily insisted to watch today's "Elmo's World" for an hour and a half (Keep in mind that Elmo's world is only a 20 minute show) Adam came home for lunch and we had tortillas and queso. A little while later Lily turned from normal to insane. She was crying ALOT and wouldn't stop for anything. She wouldn't eat, drink or even take her nuk. She'd cry harder if I tried to give her the nuk! I called Adam for some advice and he suggested a car ride. Luckily that did the trick and she fell alseep pretty quickly and I drove back home and put her in bed. About an hour and a half later she woke up SCREAMING and of course wouldn't take the soothing nuk. I talked to my parents and they could hear Lily in the background so they suggested taking her in to urgent care. I quickly got Lily ready and I gave her a cracker to see if that would help. She actually stopped crying but definitely wasn't herself...she was kinda dopey. I met Mom and Dad at urgent care but since Lily wasn't hysterical anymore we decided to call the nurse instead of actually going inside. We waited for a while for a callback but that didn't come until an hour later (we had left the parking garage at that point and I was on my way to my parents house) Of course when the nurse finally called Lily seemed fine...just like when you take your car to get fixed. The nurse suggested that it's probably a tooth coming in (which is what I was assuming too even though she never has cared about teething) and she said to give her some Ibruprofen and call them back if we have a rough night. We hung out at my parents for a while and ate labor day leftovers and Lily was running around like a madwoman (her normal behavior) When we were just getting ready to leave she was getting fussy again so we all went to Wal-Mart for some motrin because I knew my bottle at home was expired. Putting Lily to bed tonight wasn't very fun she cried for quite a while. Finally, after putting some oragel on her (which she was smacking her lips cutely after we did that) gave her Elmo to cuddle with and then I hummed song to her she finally fell asleep. I hope she is better tomorrow because her yelling combined with this headache/backache I have had for 2 days isn't very fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]