<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Cold Weekend in the Strat 

So, I finally got a new computer. I got a sweet deal on an HP computer that included a 15" monitor and a photo printer. It's got a gig of memory, 250 gig hard drive and a lightscribe dvd burner. Pretty sweet.
We went to Stratford this weekend so we could put one of my old drives in the new computer and burn some files off the smaller old hard drive. Also, we were going to see if we could get my broken computer to work or figure out what was wrong with it.
We got to the Strat shortly after 6pm and then went to the highschool for some basketball games. We got there in the middle of the JV game and left in the middle of the Varsity game. Lily liked watching people run back and forth with the basketball, but she absolutely HATED the buzzer going off all the time (substitutions, end of quarters, end of time outs, etc) She'd get scared even if we mentioned that it was going to go off soon! We also checked out their new fitness center that they bought with all the donations they got after winning 4 football championships in a row. There is a bunch of equipment, plasma tvs, and overall it's very impressive! There is even one of those fingerprint-reading pads by the door so only authorized people can enter! Pretty high tech for a little school, eh?
On the computer front, my computer rocks. The hard drive I wanted to put into it didn't have the right kind of connectors so we've decided to just turn it into a external drive (once I get the necessary equipment to do that) I spent lots of time making DVD backups of my smaller hard drive and we never figured out what was wrong with my old computer.
Besides computer stuff we just basically hung out, played video games and tried to stay warm. It's so incredibly cold in that house that we slept with 5 blankets (including a heating blanket) and we were still cold!

Comments: Post a Comment

[Top]